Monday, November 10, 2008

Closed 'Til Spring

Winter's icy hands are just about upon us...and my cherished backyard cafe will be put to sleep. I will miss our mornings out on the patio drinking coffee while reading the paper, watching the birds, cats, squirrels and chipmunks scatter about. Weekend plans to stay home and garden or work on another project, or take a drive to the beach will have to wait until warmer weather.
After-dinner coffee or drinks were my favorite time of day... a cup of coffee and a good book, with the birds singing their good-nights.  I'll now sit inside, cozy and warm, wrapped up in a favorite throw on my cushy loveseat, reading my seed catalogs, books, dreaming of next year's spring... and wondering what surprises she'll bring.

13 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

I know how you feel....it's been raining loads here & it's sad to look out at the garden thinking only a few months ago I was growing my veg. Although you make winter sound nice!! Do you get lots of snow?? Living in Devon we don't get very much which a shame because I love it. How the blanket going??? :)

MelMel said...

Thank you for following my blog.....just friendly waffle....:>)))
Please do pop by again soon....
Smiles Melxx

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Hi Sue:

Thanks for dropping by my blog. What a lovely garden you have. Very beautiful.

I will be back.

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

Celestite said...

sue, please send me an email at pagantapestry@gmail.com

Celestite

Anonymous said...

I to miss those days, here we haven 't for ages, we would sit out side and read or write, play with the dog and watch the cats tease him. Best wishes fiona

Margaret's Ramblings said...

Yes those days have been put to bed for the year Sue but I am already planning for next spring - in my mind that is. We are planning a new patio and I can't wait for the long days when we can just sit and contemplate the world, after the chores in thhe garden are done, lol.

kate said...

your gardens are lovely and so is
your kitty, please visit our new blog ....thanks again,
kate

Lace hearts said...

Oh,, I do miss the garden as well, but I also like snuggling up in front of the fire and doing my crochet, with the blanket growing on my lap. And there's spring to look forward to! x

Rosemary said...

What a lovely spot to look forward to once the wintery blasts are behind us.

sage said...

At least you have a plan for your indoor adventures until Spring comes back again!

I just came up with a good Winter plan last night.. so I'm feeling a little less depressed that the Sun isn't shining as bright for the next few months!

Many Blessings~ Sage

Dena said...

I don't blame you for missing that cozy space. I can just imagine sitting out there with a cup of coffee in the early morning....warm breezes, birds singing...flowers blooming. Oh I'm getting Spring fever just looking at it!

Hugs,
Dena

Rose said...

I've left you a note on my blog today:

http://mysticmooma.blogspot.com/2008/12/butterfly-award.html

candy said...

Hi :)
I was blog hopping and came across your blog and thought Id say HI :)
Candy