This is our Spring 2008 backyard garden. The wisteria was a knockout, and bloomed for almost a month. Unfortunately, she became so prolific we had to cut her waaaayyy back twice, so I doubt we'll have blooms for next year. This is what happens when you plant wisteria close to the house...
One of my clematis and an azalea below...
5 comments:
What gorgeous flowers you have in your garden - mine is all veggies! I am only a gardener because I see a practical purpose in growing veggies, and whilst I love to look at flowers like yours, I just don't have time to pamper them. My houseplants have to be drought-resistant. I am looking forward to reading your blog - and so pleased that you are a Survivor - my dear mother didn't make it, and I miss her every day.
Hugs from England!
Morgan
Thx so much Morgan. About 95% of the gardens are perennials, trees and shrubs, not many annuals, so it's just clean up every spring and then we watch the glory unfold. My husband Guy had a gorgeous veg. garden at our first home, but the soil here where we are now is so full of clay, it's very difficult to grow veggies...Your farm is just fabulous, my husband and I would love to have a farm someday and dream and talk about often! My paternal grandfather was born and raised in Liverpool... would love to visit England sometime...So sorry for your loss....XOSue~
Your garden is wonderful, we have only just started developing ours, hopefuly our wisteria will look just as lovely next year, at the moment it in a bucket of water lol.
What a beautiful garden!
I am amazed at the range and beauty created and just inspires me.
You must be very busy keeping on top of that!
Though I just have a wild garden and the only thing tended to is the trees and vegtable patch.
-----
Also you have gorgeous cats and makes me yern to have one of my own.
Your gardens are lovely. I just love your wisteria. It's not something I can grow here, so I grow what I can.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I also love to crochet and garden. I'm working on a crocheted sampler afghan in yet another color scheme. I'm also crocheting in fine thread different little things.
Keep your farm dream alive, dreams do come true.
I wish you continued good health, love and happiness in 2010.
FlowerLady
Post a Comment